"Learning is evolution of knowledge over time." Roger E. Bohn, 1994
Call for Papers
Proceedings of ICVL 2007 and CNIV 2007 | Cover
List of authors and papers subscribed for presentation
Alphabetical list of authors subscribed with presentation papers
Alphabetical list of participants without papers
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES:
- Submission of abstracts for review: June 30, 2008
- Notification of abstract acceptance: June 30, 2008
- Submission of complete/full papers for the proceedings (Guidelines): August 1, 2008
- Notification of full paper acceptance (Review Process): August 30, 2008
- Registration Fees (transfer and sent e-mail ): September 30, 2008
You are cordially invited to submit abstracts (not more than 250 words), written in English using the Conference online submission system available on http://www.icvl.eu/2008/ or e-mail your abstract (and/or your paper), along with a title page, to icvl[at]fmi.unibuc.ro.
Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged via email within 48 hours. Submissions will be refereed through a double-blind review process.
Papers accepted for presentation will be published in the Conference Proceedings and in CD-Rom format. Papers are invited for presentation in any of the topic areas listed above.
Manuscripts will be reviewed in accordance with the standard practice and criteria by Technical Programmed Committee. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, significance, soundness and clarity. At least two referees will review each paper proposal submission under a double-blind peer-review process.
The official language of the Conference will be English. All abstracts and full-length papers must be submitted in English.
Full Paper (Guidelines for formatting your paper)
The papers will be published in Conference Proceedings as well as on a CD. Your paper should have a maximum length of 8 pages and be prepared according to the instructions provided. Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word or RTF file formats. All papers must be typed in Microsoft Word using Times New Roman and a 11-point font.
75 Euros (including Proceedings, coffee breaks and Welcome cocktail).
50 Euros - for INTUITION members.
20 Euros - for Romanian participants (The fee may be paid in RON).
10 Euros - for registered students (documented proof is required).
The fees will be sent to one of following accounts (Please DEADLINES: September 30) :
- in € (Euros): RO87 RNCB 0076 0104 5262 0003, BCR (Romanian Comm. Bank), Sector 5, Bucharest, ROMANIA
[Bank name: BANCA COMERCIALA ROMANA , sector 5
Sort code: BD. T. Vladimiresu nr. 57 , sector 5, Bucharest, Romania
Acct no: RO87RNCB0076010452620003
Beneficiary Bank RTN or SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (BIC): University of Bucharest, SWIFT- RNCBROBUB50 ]
- in RON (Romanian): RO68 TREZ 7055 003X XX00 0088, State Treasury, BD. T. Vladimiresu nr. 57, Sector 5, Bucharest, ROMANIA ( Beneficiary: University of Bucharest, Bd. M. Kogalniceanu nr. 36-46, sector 5, CUI code/ cod fiscal 4505502 )
with the specifications: Registration fee for ICVL 2008-International Conference on Virtual Learning, Univ. of Bucharest
A photocopy about transfer or a purchase order will be sent by e-mail to Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Paper presentation at ICVL
Papers authors are asked to prepare the work presentation in PowerPoint/WEB, or Word/PDF. For each work they'll have 15-20 minutes.
In the Conference room the authors will have a computer connected to Internet and a video projector.
You will need to prepare some PowerPoint slides to support your presentation.
The presentation will be around 20 minutes, with 5 minutes allowed for discussion. Think in terms of the following slides:
- A title slide – Name, Title and what the paper is about
- One slide with the hypothesis you want to investigate
- 2 or 3 slides covering your current research plan
- You should not require any more than an absolute maximum of 10 slides – this would mean talking to each slide for only two minutes
- It is generally distracting to the audience to have too many slides in a short presentation
We recommend that you also bring with you a copy of the presentation on a data stick or other portable memory device.
For The National Conference on Virtual Learning - CNIV
ATTENDING TO CNIV SESSIONS can be done following the academic community common rules and under these conditions:
OPTION a) as an paper/software product author - using the online registration;
NOTE: if the paper does not appear in the list, send an e-mail at cniv[at]fmi.unibuc.ro, or vlada[at]fmi.unibuc.ro
ATTENTION! After the registration, the final form of the paper must be completed and it has to be sent according to these instructions: "PROCEEDINGS" until october 1st, otherwise the paper will not be included in the printed book;
NOTE: Only the printed papers witch appear in the printed book will be considered in the competition for "EDUCATIONAL SOFTWARE" CONTEST
If the authors are pupils, it's imperative that they have a guiding teacher or professor.
Authors are asked to watch the annoucements in section "NEWS"
OPTION b) as a person interested in papers hearing or vising the exhibit